Saturday, August 28, 2010

Madeline Leopardi- Ch. 6- On my own.

Madeline (27), her daughter Kayla (10),
ex-husband Aiden Royce (30), William Webster (30)
Narrated by Madeline.

Madeline Leopardi - ch 6
Things have been getting a little better now that we are adjusting to living on our own. Kayla still misses her dad but she sees him on weekends and on summer break.
Madeline Leopardi - ch 6
One thing about living alone is actually having to pay bills on your own. I owe some money due to my college degree but I do not regret getting it.
Madeline Leopardi - ch 6
Once I did get the degree I placed it on the wall and felt so proud of myself. This is what I had struggled for and it will help me advance in my career.
Madeline Leopardi - ch 6
Things with Aiden have been going so so. He tries to be cordial when comes to pick up Kayla. He hates having to drive so far to pick her up. I think he still thinks we are going to make it work. I asked him if he was dating and he said no.
Madeline Leopardi - ch 6
I on the other hand have been dating William for the past year. When Kayla is away William sleeps over and we both get a chance to enjoy ourselves.
Madeline Leopardi - ch 6
It is so different when I make love to William. I feel more experienced and free to say whats on my mind. At first I was so shy to be with William. Now I can not wait to get him to bed.
Madeline Leopardi - ch 6
I am sure Kayla knows that he spends the night sometimes but she does not say anything. She likes William but after being with her dad she gets a little stand offish with him. William says its natural and knows that Kayla is a great kid. I am glad that they get along.
Madeline Leopardi - ch 6
When its just us girls we talk about everything underneath the sun. Kayla asked me if I was going to marry William and I admit I blushed a bit. I quelled her fears by telling her that we had not discussed it yet.
Madeline Leopardi - ch 6
The next night William popped the question. Turns out that Kayla knew all along and wanted to know if I would accept. I still can not believe that I am getting married again. Of course I accepted and we both hugged dearly.
Madeline Leopardi - ch 6
I asked Aiden over to discuss my wedding with William. William and Aiden had met briefly but did not talk to him extensively. It was a little tense but we told Aiden about our plans to marry.
Madeline Leopardi - ch 6
Aiden's reaction surprised all of us. "You are kidding me right? Madeline the ink is not even dry on our divorce and you want to marry him? What about us? WE have a daughter together."
Madeline Leopardi - ch 6
I could not believe his reaction and I stood up because I was so upset that he would not understand. I would never stand in his way of happiness.
"Madeline I still love and we have a daughter that would benefit from us being together! Why would you do this to us?"
He grabbed me and William was about to kill him but I managed to convince William to give us some time to talk.
Madeline Leopardi - ch 6
"Aiden I never have not ONCE ever given you any reason to think we would get back together. Where in the world would you get that idea from?"
"Maddy....I thought this was just to experience being alone. We got married young. Now were older and we can make this work."
"Aide...we can only make parenting work. I love William. I am sorry but I have stopped loving you a long time ago. It is just better this way. I want you to be happy and I know you can if you give yourself the chance. Its over. I am sorry you thought differently".
Madeline Leopardi - ch 6
We kept going back and forth and finally Aiden stomped out of my house. I was just grateful that Kayla did not hear any of our arguing. I knew in my heart that Aiden would find someone. I just want to be happy with William. I just hope all of this works out for everyone involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment