Thursday, June 17, 2010

Madeline Leopardi-Royce Ch 5

Madeline (25), her husband Aiden (28) and their daughter Kayla (8).
Narrated by Madeline
Madeline ch 5
I sit here thinking how in the world have I been married this long? I wanted to complete my college degree but I have placed that on hold for now. My marriage is not good..I am not good. I come home and I relish the time that I have alone.
Madeline ch 5
Aiden and I argue constantly. Its the to point that I rather die than stay one more day in this house or marriage. We have tried talking and he even suggested counseling but I cant do it anymore.
Madeline ch 5
It started off with him just bugging me with little things. Soon those little things became big things. One thing that erked me is coming home and finding the house a mess while he just sat there watching tv. Who does that?

Madeline ch 5
When I finally had enough I told him. He just sat there thinking that I was perhaps having a bad day or just joking. I told him that I meant it, I wanted a divorce and it could not happen any sooner. He told me to think about Kayla. I do think about her thus the reason I want a divorce.
Madeline ch 5
We put it off for weeks. He would talk to me non stop while we were in bed. I finally told him that it was over and he had to realize it and stop trying because it was over.
Madeline ch 5
The morning came and he was telling me that we could work it out. I kept telling him no. Due to our traditions this morning I was going to tell my brother Otani.
Madeline ch 5
I made breakfast and to my surprise not only did my brother Otani come but so did my brother Rodrigo and his boyfriend. Talk about a family affair. Otani heard my story and then said he would have to talk to Aiden to get his version. Sure I could get divorced if I wanted to but my family and our traditions are important to me.
Madeline ch 5
Of course Aiden was telling Otani that our relationship could be fixed. I disagreed so finally Otani said that it would be our decision and he was fine.
Madeline ch 5
The day of our divorce it seemed that Aiden finally saw things my way. He told me that he didn't want to be with me anymore if i was not in our marriage 100%. We had to get ready to meet the judge that would finalize his divorce.
Madeline ch 5
The judge ordered joint custody and was going to give me alimony and I refused. I just wanted to call this marriage over. I wanted this whole ordeal done with.
Madeline ch 5
We explained it to Kayla and she was so surprised that our marriage was over. I told her that we were moving to a new town. She cried and told us that we had ruined her. I know in time she will forget or at least forgive us.
Madeline ch 5
We moved to a new suburb, Paradise Cove. I called my family and let them know our new address and phone number.
Madeline ch 5
Before I knew it Aiden was over scoping out our new apartment. We need to work on our relationship as parents only because Aiden scowls at me when he sees me. For now I am allowing Aiden take Kayla.
Madeline ch 5
I gave up my job in the military and started painting. I hope that it works out for me. I don't know where my life is headed but for the first time I feel free.
Madeline ch 5
Kayla is still getting used to it so I am being easy on her.She gets sassy about living her but before I punish her im allowing her to get used to this. I am sure she missed her dad but she has to realize that I am her mom.

Extras:
Madeline ch 5
What is wrong with this Nanny?

No comments:

Post a Comment