Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ethan Leopard--Chapter 1

Ethan Leopardi, age 21
Parents: Monica and Francisco Leopardi
Narrated by Ethan.
ethan ch1a
Finally finally finally. I finally got my apartment rented in Viramontes. I have to admit that I never thought that it would take so long for my apartment to be ready. My mom came over to help me move my things in. I know that in a wierd way she is a little saddened that I choose not to go to college. Times are now different. Before it was expected for them to go to college. Now we are expected to live a full life filled with happiness and being a responsible citizen.
ethanch1b
I sat down and looked around. Wow so this is what total peace and quietness sounds like. Don't get me wrong. I loved living at home but the fact that the Quads were so loud sometimes... well it made me want to scream. I convinced my mom that it was OK to let me move out. As of now she is just living at home with my quad brothers and sisters. Well one sister since Madeline moved out.
I managed to get a job in the military career. I am happy because I finally have a career. Im sadden because I will not be able to move as fast without a college degree. Either way I am happy to be out on my own.
ethanch1c
I invited my brother Otani over and his finacee Shelby. They look so happy together. This has made me think about my own love life. For right now im dating Giselle at work but im not ready to bring her to my house at our family dinner. Will I ever be ready to get married? I looked at my brother and saw how he beamed when he looked at Shelby. Needless to say my mother is ecstatic that she can plan all these weddings. My sister Madeline just got married and im sure that despite their house fire they are fine.

ethanch1d
Ah yes Giselle and I have been going out a little over a year. I have to admit that having a girlfriend at work is not that great. At first we were getting alone fine. We would talk all the time but then our orders were changing and she or I might get shipped away. At this point I was just glad to be with someone with whom I could relieve some stress.
ethanch1e
I guess the stress was too much. No matter how much I tried to become "more involved" in my "relationship" it just didnt happen. Giselle ended up calling me telling me it was over. She also mentioned that she was getting shipped to another state. I didnt have anything to say and I bid her farewell.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ethanch1f
My job requires me to be in top shape. If we are all day in training a physician would visit us at home to get our physical done. Let me tell you I always have the worst luck getting the eldest doctor. Today when I got home, I couldnt believe this beautiful physician was here waiting for me .
"Are you Mr. Leopardi?"
"Yes I am. Are you here for my physical?"
"Yes. Can we please proceed?"
ethanch1g
Don't even ask how we ended up in bed together. I took my clothes off and she looked. She checked my pulse and mentioned it was racing. Next thing you knew we were kissing like crazy. Of course she told me that she never does this with anyone...but I dont believe it. Even I am not that egotistical to believe that. She was fun but I needed something better. Maybe someone stable?
either way she ended up recommending some coordination exercises at the local gym. She even mentioned Ballet or some other form of training would help. Can you imagine me in Ballet? I never saw her at base again. Who know if I will see her again.
ethanch1h
It took me several months to muster up the courage to join a ballet class. My ballet teacher was Noelle and she was so hot. I saw her and I couldnt believe that she was single. Oh yes you better believe that I wanted to get to know this little lady.
We talked on an off and then I asked her out. She denied me stating that she didnt date her students. But im not one to give up. Trust me if I see something I want then I go for it.
ethanch1i
I succeeded in getting Noelle to finally date me. Did you even doubt that she would? She is so amazing. We have spent every night together for the past four months. I still cant believe that im so in love. Noelle loves me and im so in love with her. I want her to be with me forever.

ethanch1k
I decided to invite my family over to get to know Noelle. They all loved Noelle and my mother and brothers could not stop smiling over to me. Everyone knew that this was a special person since they met her.
Like I mentioned before. I dont let just anyone meet my family. Noelle is the first and after tonight, hopefully the only that has met my family.
ethan ch1l
My family left and Noelle had nothing but good things to say about them.
"Your family is so nice Ethan. I can see that you guys are close."
"We are somewhat. Right now everyone is trying to get settled in their own lives. Listen Noelle did you really like my family?"
"Of course I did why? Did you think that I would not?"
ethanch1m
"I hoped that you would like them. This is why I bought this for you" I pulled out the box that held the ring.
"Ethan. Are you serious? Wow. I am shocked. This is why you wanted me to meet your family"
"Yes. I wanted you to know what you were getting into. Noelle, I have no doubt that you are the woman for me. I wanted to ask you if you would marry me?"
"Ethan, we barely know each other. I feel the same way. Of course I will marry you. I still cant believe it!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ethan ch1n
I went to see Noelle at work and she looked so sad when she greeted me.
"Whats wrong hun?"
"I just got laid off. I dont think that we can afford this wedding or even my rent. "
"OK we just need to take things one step at a time. We dont have to get married right this minute. We also dont need an extravagant wedding. Unless you want one."
"I know"
"Lets just take it slow. I love you and we can get through this"
"I know we can Ethan. Thanks for supporting me. I really appreciate having you with me during this."

No comments:

Post a Comment